For Cruzzie’s birthday last week, a friend gifted him this box set of cookbooks (Cooking and Baking Class Box Set) and we have had so much fun exploring kid friendly recipes!
The first recipe Cruzzie chose was a simple, 5 minute recipe: Cocoa Cake in a Cup! It was a HUGE success. I personally can’t wait to explore various ways to make this recipe healthier…but in the meantime, here is the recipe for the kids!
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon of melted butter
* 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cacoa / cocoa powder
* 1/4 cup of sugar
* Then, whisk together the egg and butter.
* Add the sugar and the cocoa powder and mix all together.
* Then, put in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). AND VOILA, chocolate cake in minutes! I wanted to add vanilla ice cream and have it a la mode….so good, and so super easy! PLUS, it keeps the kids occupied for a whopping 5 minutes but they are proud of the final product.
Do you have fun recipes that the kids enjoy cooking /baking with you? Please share!