Last week, I had a Mexican themed dinner and made the most delicious corn quinoa salad! It was cheese-less, oil-less, but full of flavor, spunk, color, and taste. You must make it — even if you don’t like quinoa or corn, make it! (I served it along with a green salad, kale-chicken enchiladas, and salsa….yum!)
- * 1 cup red quinoa
- * 4 ears of fresh corn, then cut from the cob
- * 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- * 3 green onions, sliced
- * 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- * 2 limes, juiced
- * 1 avocado
- * salt and pepper
- * Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- * Cook the corn and then cut off the cob
- * Once both are cooked, mix together in a large mixing bowl along with the jalapeno, green onions, and cilantro.
- * Then, in a blender (preferrably a Vitamix, obviously), place the meat of an avocado with the juice of two limes, and salt, pepper, and some water to make the mixture smooth. Blend!
- * Add the avocado dressing to the salad, and mix all together, and VOILA! Salad is ready!
Enjoy this wonderful salad, and happy last week of September! My oh my, has it flown by….