I love crock pots and how you set it and forget it. So this past weekend, when I was able to think straight and could organize a meal 8 hours before dinner time, I found a recipe for a healthy Chicken Tikka Masala from Well and Good. It was super easy, delicious, and healthy.
* 1 lb chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
* 1 large onion, diced
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 1/4 tsp ginger
* 1–2 tsp garam masala
* 2 tsp paprika
* 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
* 1 tsp tumeric
* 2 tsp sea salt
* 2 Tbsp tomato paste
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
* Cube the chicken breasts and place them in the slow cooker. Then add all the ingredients except for the coconut milk.
* Then, stir it all together and turn the slow cooker on low for six hours or high for three hours. And “set it and forget it.”
* With 30 minutes left, add the coconut milk. Stir and then serve over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Voila! Easy peasy, hearty, filling, and delicious winter treat!
Happy weekend. Happy cooking and happy eating!