I love chocolate cookies, but even more, I love ginger cookies. So when I stumbled upon ginger-molasses-healthy cookies on goop, I knew I had to make them. Shockingly, I followed every single ingredient and step, but they miserably failed (turned into liquid and melted all together). So, the next day, I altered the recipe, and now they are perfection. Sweet, chewy, not not overly sugar-y, spicy, and peppery. NOTE: You must refrigerate the cookies for at least 12 hours, so you have to think ahead in terms of timing.
* ½ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cup coconut sugar
* 3/4 of a 1/4 cup molasses (basically, 1/8 cup plus a little more)
* 1 egg
* 2 cups almond flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon ground cloves
* ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
* 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
* ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
* In a bowl, combine oil, sugar, molasses, and egg.
* Then, add all of the dry ingredients and mix again.
* When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
* Scoop cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in small little balls. Place the cookies farther apart then you would think (they melt). Then flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon and bake for 7 minutes.
Nothing says HOLIDAYS more than ginger spiced (gluten-free) cookies. Enjoy!