If you have a free 15 minutes, then you need to make these cookies. Doesn’t matter if you are running to the next appointment / pick up / drop off / or work, if you have the time, then you must make these. DELICIOUSNESS TO THE MAX TIMES INFINITY. (Sorry for the limited amount of pictures — my iphone was in the Apple Store #FML due to a cracked screen, so I did what I could do….and I needed you to have this recipe for the long weekend, so sorry!)
* 6 tablespoons coconut oil
* 4 tablespoons nut butter
* 1/2 cup raw cacoa
* 1/2 cup maple syrup
* 2 teaspoon vanilla
* 14 tablespoon oats
* 12 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
* 4 tablespoons chia seeds
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
YES, sorry about the tablespoons vs. cups. Don’t blame me. Enjoy the meditative state of counting up to 14 tablespoons.
* In a pot on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Once melted, add the almond butter and whisk it together. Then add raw cacoa, maple syrup and vanilla. Take off the heat.
* In a bowl, add the oats, shredded coconut, chia seeds and salt.
* Then, on a wax paper lined sheet, make little balls (flat or 3-D round) and place in the fridge for at least an hour. Then, ready to devour. When not eating them, store in the fridge.
Yes, these have little chia seeds so they will get stuck in every crack or nook in your mouth, but it is worth the awkward smile after eating them. Perfect to bring as a gift to a friend, or to hoard for yourself. Have a great long weekend! Summer 2016 we are ready for you!