One of the things I love most about spending my summers in Oregon with my parents is my mother’s cooking *AND* her collection of cookbooks. She literally could open up a cookbook library. This past week, I came across a cookbook, The Forest Feast, given last year to my mother by my bestie. This cookbook is not only beautiful, but the vegetarian recipes are healthy, easy, and simple. Here is my first find: peanut butter – coconut – no bake balls! SO DELICIOUS!
* 1/2 cup of peanut butter
* 1 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut (plus more at the end for coating on balls)
* 1 tablespoon of honey
* 10 pitted dates
* Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor / strong Vitamix
* Clump the “dough” together to make balls
* Roll the balls into a top coating of coconut
* You are done! No bake easy-peasy deliciousness!
Happy 4th of July weekend! I hope everyone has a relaxing and wonderful holiday weekend. Ken is coming out for 10 days, landing tomorrow, and we are SO excited to have our Papa here. And then on Sunday, my brother and his family come for the week. Also so excited to see the whole Proskurowski-Rob family. Have a great weekend.