I know I have a lot of haters of my healthy desserts (mainly, my husband, father, and brother…see the pattern), but THIS HEALTHY DESSERT is a must-make and must-eat. And not to be hated on. Even my father ate it and asked for more (true story). So, do me a favor and make it. I found the recipe off of my new-to-me-favorite-healthy-food-blog, Deliciously Ella. With a little bit of creative editing, here is the recipe for Raw Chocolate Coconut Bites. Yes, they are vegan. No, they are not nut-free. Yes, they are delicious. Yes, I promise.
* 1 cup of unsweetened dried coconut (medium flakes)
* 1 cup of almonds
* 5 medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
* 3 tablespoons of almond butter
* 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
* 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
* In a vitamix, blend the almonds and coconut to make a flour (not a butter — so don’t blend too long).
* Then, add the nut butter, coconut oil and cacao mixing it all together.
* Bit by bit, add the dates (hardest for the blender to blend) into the mixture
* Blend until all together, and roll the “dough” into balls. Coat the balls with coconut flakes.
* Place in fridge for a couple of hours to firm up. Eat and enjoy!
Hope you have a great weekend! I am running the Eugene Half Marathon on Sunday with my hubby who will be in town. Wish us luck! And make these damn healthy bites of heaven.