Yep, another Gwyneth Paltrow recipe. I can’t help myself!!!! I love her recipes and ingredients so much!!! Plus if I eat like her, I will look like her, right? These cookies are the bomb (yep, used that word, say what 2003). They are dense, sweet, healthy, and hit-the-spot. They are more like a granola bar than a cookie. But healthy snack trumps oreos anyday.
* 4 cups of barley flour (I used spelt flour)
* 3 cups raw whole almonds
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup canola oil
* 1 cup maple syrup
* some jam
* Preheat the oven to 350°F.
* In a vitamix, pulse the almonds 10 times (2 second pulses each).
* Combine all of the ingredients, except the jam, in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
* Form into rounded tablespoon-sized balls and space them evenly on baking sheets lined with parchment.
* Use your index finger or the end of a wooden spoon to make an indentation and fill each cookie with a small amount of jam. Bake until cookies are evenly browned, about 20 minutes.
So friends, eat these, and we will all become besties with GP. They also have another perk — they are vegan and gluten free! Great for all the people with food allergies. Except for those people allergic to nuts….sooo…..Happy weekend!