The New Year is an opportunity to listen to your body and eat according to your dosha, your imbalances, the season, and the Ayurvedic composition. Currently in Vata season (and being a true Vata person), warm, homey, sturdy foods such as pumpkin and sweet potato provide balance and nourishment. So when I came across these pumpkin vegan cookies, I couldn’t wait to give them a shot.
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips
* While the oven is preheating at 350ºF, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until well combined and set aside.
* In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin, and vanilla, then stir in oil to incorporate.
* Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix. Then stir in the chocolate chips (the heart and soul of any cookie).
* On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape cookies of any size. (tiny ones = lots of love)
* Bake 10-12 minutes. And then, eat your heart out!
So delicious, so good for you, and perfect for this time of year. Enjoy! Have a great weekend!