You know when you have one of those sleepless weekends? Raging with a 4 year-old-who-doesn’t-sleep? Welcome to my world. Thank you, Ali (Contributing Editor for this blog!), for saving my not-working-sleep-deprived-brain and writing today’s post.
Mandy Ingber is one of the most sought after yoga and fitness instructors in Los Angeles. Her philosophies draw people into her world, offering a plan for “healthier bodies and happier minds”. That’s right in my wheelhouse. A good-looking shell that’s undernourished spiritually and emotionally is not all that sexy.
Mandy’s new book Yogalosophy: 28 Days to the Ultimate Mind-Body Makeover provides an accessible program of workouts and eating guidelines designed to strengthen and tone the entire body, inside and out. It’s based on Mandy’s wildly popular yoga DVD Yogalosophy.
Mandy’s insights are my favorite part of her work. She encourages people to establish a healthier, more “life-embracing” mindset. For example, Mandy teaches you to strengthen your legs if you want to move forward in life. So simple, intuitive and yet so easy to forget or disconnect from that reality.
Here are 5 simple steps that are a part of Mandy’s Yogalosophy 28 day revolution:
1. Love Your Body Now: You are perfect just the way you are, and fitness and wellness is a celebration of your greatest gift. Celebrate your body!
2. Commit to Short Term Goals: Healthy habits are created one day at a time. Take time and set aside space for your Y28 revolution.
3. Make Healthy Choices: Choose activities, foods, and exercise that you love- when you do this from a place of love, you will make healthier choices.
4. Visualize Your Best Self and Give Gratitude: Visualize, declare, and ritualize what you want. Celebrate your body by giving gratitude for what you have.
5. Give and Receive Support: Use the Yogalosophy book, join and online group, or do this program with your friends and family. Sharing your personal experience is the key to happiness.
For over 16 years, Mandy has motivated people with her light-hearted approach and unique teaching style. She is accessible, exudes self-love and compassion while also inspiring her readers into action. To buy the book, go here. To find out more information on Mandy, check out her website, follow her on facebook, and tweet her on twitter! Have a great week!
Ali Berlin, Contributing Editor to Josie Girl Blog.