Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean that cookies and sweets are. Far from it! It is the New Year, so time to live in the present moment and eat sweets after every meal!!! This cookie is perfect because it has anything and everything in it. This recipe was taken from the food blog, food52, which is one of my favorite places to visit on the web.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (or almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 sticks of room temperature butter (KEY!)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of granola
- 1/2 cup crushed salted pretzel pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped chocolate candies, or any kind of chocolate goodness
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
* Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl
* Add the dry ingredient mixture to the butter and sugar. Stir together. Then add the granola, pretzels, chocolate chips, spices, and whatever else you want to add to the dough!
* Scoop dough into balls and place the cookies on baking sheets (lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil). THEN, freeze the plated cookies for at least 20 minutes. These cookies spread A LOT (way more than you think, trust me), so make sure that there is adequate space between each ball of cookie dough).
*Bake cookies for 13 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through. These cookies end up being flat, thin, and fragile, so do not remove from sheets until cooled.
So make these cookies to take to a party, to eat while watching football, or just to have around the home. You will not be sorry! Have a great weekend!