Nothing better than a cool soup on a hot day! This vegan soup is uber tasty with its unique spices and blends of sesame, cucumber, and parsley. Tofu gives it a rich and creamy taste. Divine and delicious, this recipe is adapted from the cookbook “The Farm to Table Cookbook: The Art of Eating Locally” (which is an absolutely beautiful book whose specialty is dishes that are seasonal, and made with local ingredients). Enjoy!
* 8 cups of cucumber
* 1 cup sweet onion
* 1 medium garlic clove
* 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
* Handful of pumpkin seeds (optional)
* 1/2 cup of Italian parsley leaves
* Zest and juice of 3 limes/lemons
* 6 ounces of firm tofu
* 1 cup of olive oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Toast the sesame seeds on the stove top with olive oil. Not too high on the heat or the seeds will burn.
* In a blender, put all the ingredients together and BLEND!
* Serve cold with toppings such as diced avocados, chopped parsley, or my favorite soup addition (and salad topping, too), kale chips (especially “Pacific Northwest Kale Chips” AMAZING. AAHHHHH-MAZZZZZING. These chips are so good that you will want to eat them with or without the soup. That good.)
Let me know how you like this soup! I hope you found it as uniquely delicious as I did!