If you didn’t see the Golden Globes on Sunday, I am sure you have since looked at all the pictures online. I did both. Multiple times and multiple sites. What is more glamorous and fairy-tale inspiring than oogling at beautiful celebrities dressed to the nines in only fairytale dresses? I care more about the dresses and outfit composition, than the movies and actors. But, who doesn’t?
Here are my top five dresses in order from 1-5.
Top choice: Emma Stone. First of all, I am in love with her. LOVE her. Loved her in “The Help” and even more so in “Crazy Stupid Love.” She is my girl crush. So refreshing, honest, quirky, cute, beautiful, and unique. LOVE her. So it was no surprise when she wore an ensemble that made me jealous/happy/in awe. The eggplant Lanvin plunge neckline fit her so beautifully and made her eyes and hair color pop. LOVE. SWOON. GASP.
2. I love Reese Witherspoon as a person (we are sooo tight… jk) and I love her fashion choices. One day she is a sexy real life Barbie doll (like on Sunday night) and the next, she is in jeans and a hoodie. She appears so real and so normal, so when she wore the Zac Posen red va-va-voom sweetheart neck Barbie doll prom dress, she looked even more special. She knows how to dress up and down, and looks fabulous in anything. Only in my dreams could I wear an outfit this hot, because really, I have no boobs.
3. Salma Hayek. Not my favorite actress or celebrity crush, but loved her in the Black and Gold metallic beaded Gucci dress. Geometric, boobylicious, superb fit. Utterly (hee hee) perfect.
4. Nicole Richie. If I could have anyone’s wardrobe in Hollywood, it would be Nicole Richie’s. Or Rachel Bilson’s. But Nicole is my style dream. She knows how to rock any piece and own the look. This silver Julien Macdonald was fun, glamorous, and modern. I loved the way she paired the look with a high ponytail, an armload of bangles, and dark eyeliner. Now, I want to buy the Natori Mukizu dress, as they are very similar in look, shimmer, and shine!
5. Julianne Moore. I hope that when I am 51 years old, I will look as good as she does. HELL, I hope when I am 35, I will look half as good as she does. First of all, she looks happy and content with life, and when you have that inner happiness, it always shows through on the outside. She sincerely seems happy, and is even more beautiful because of that. And how can you not love her coloring and striking hair??? In terms of her fashion sense, she always pushes the envelope and is a style queen. Remember last year’s Lanvin dress at the Golden Globes? My top choice last year….And this year, she was a stunner in the black-tiered-Chanel-layered dress. WOWZER.
So many dresses to lust after! Now only if I had a special event to attend before I become a bigger, pregnant whale…..what dresses were your favorites?
Until Friday, have a great rest of the week!
– AYN, aka the Josie Girl.Print This Post